The rules and regulations that apply follow those in the ISAA Handbook for 2022 with some local variations as outlined below. Please read this page carefully and make your athletes aware of it.
Decisions: The judges and officials decisions are final.
Supervision: All athletes must be accompanied by an adult(s).
Volunteers: All schools must nominate an adult volunteer to assist with the running of the events (if called upon).
- An athlete may compete in no more than two individual events plus one Relay, however an athlete may be allowed to compete for their school in two relays, the 4 x 100m and the 4 x 300m/400m (see Note 1)
- A school may have no more than two athletes in any event (see Note 2)
- Each competitor must compete in their own age-group except in the Relay where one athlete from the age group immediately below may complete a team.
- A Minor athlete may compete at Minor or Junior Level in the Track & Field Championships but not in the same event in both age groups.
- In the Minor and Junior age groups an athlete may compete in only one middle distance event (ie either 800m OR 1500m)
- In the Junior Girls’ and Junior Boys’ Triple Jump the athlete must start the run-up no further than 12 metres from the board.
- U16 athletes may not compete in both U16 Mile and Inter 1,500m.
- Junior athletes may NOT enter the U16 Mile.
- 4 x 100m Relay will observe the 30m changeover zone.
- In field events all athletes will be given 3 attempts, with the top 6 getting 2 further attempts.
Note 1: Minor athletes may compete in no more than 2 individual qualifying events, as well as in no more than 2 individual non-qualifying events (see events below)
Note 2: A school may have a maximum of THREE athletes in a Minor event
Minor Qualifying Events for Munster: 75m Hurdles, 80m, 800m, Long Jump, Shot and 4 x 100m Relay.
Minor Non-Qualifying Events: 200m, 1500m, 800m Race Walk, High Jump and Javelin
Minor – Under 14 on 1st July 2023
Junior – Under 15 on 1st July 2023
U16 – Under 16 on 1st July 2023
Inter – Under 17 on 1st July 2023
Senior – Under 19 on 1st January 2023
Substitutes: an athlete may only be replaced by another athlete who already has a competitor’s number and subject to permission from the Competition Secretary.
Late Entries: in the interests of fairness, no late entries will be accepted.
BYES: please refer to Munster Schools website for procedures to be strictly adhered to.
Numbers: numbers must be worn by all athletes. The same number applies for both days. Please retain your number after Day 1 if you are competing on Day 2. Replacement numbers cannot be issued.
Hammer: Please contact me if you have any competent hammer throwers as there is unlikely to be a hammer competition at the North Munsters.
Pole Vault: Please contact me if you have any competent pole vaulters as there will be no pole vault competition at the North Munsters.
QUALIFIERS for Munster Schools Championships: In 2023, 3 athletes will qualify for laned events up to including 400m. Also 3 relay teams will qualify in each relay event. 4 athletes will qualify for the U16 Mile. 3 athletes will qualify for all other events. An athlete may only participate at Munster in two individual events.
Last updated: 13 April 2023